Questions to Ask Your Home Inspector
Category : Blog
When you buy a Denver area home, you need to know exactly what you’re buying. Imagine how frustrated you’d be to find out that the hot water heater isn’t working—in the middle of a shower! This is why you should have a home inspection before you buy your home. A home inspection is an important part of buying your home. Before you hire a home inspector, ask candidates a few questions to make sure you hire a trustworthy inspector.
- What does your inspection cover? Not all inspections are the same. Ask for copies of previous home inspections so you can see exactly what they will check inside the Denver home. If you are concerned about something specific, like a leaky faucet in the bathroom, mention that to the inspector so they can check it out.
- Are you licensed or certified? If you live in a state that licenses home inspectors, ask to see their license. At the very least, choose a home inspector who belongs to American Society of Home Inspectors. This shows a level of professionalism and education that you can trust.
- What kind of report will you give me? You should expect a written report detailing what the inspector found. Most inspectors will give you a typed report within a week of the inspection. Make sure the inspector will be available to explain anything on the report that doesn’t make sense to you.
- Will I be able to attend the inspection? If the inspector refuses to let you be present during the home inspection, find someone else. This is your chance to know exactly what you are buying and what potential repairs you or the seller will have to make.
Powers Property Solutions can help guide you through the home buying process and even connect you with a great Realtor! Let us help you find your new Denver area home. Call us today at 303.888.2260 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Home inspection – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_inspection
- American Society of Home Inspectors. – http://www.ashi.org/
- Easy household repairs. – http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/repair/5-home-repairs-you-should-do-yourself.htm